The information presented below is a product of various sources and is aggregated here via RSS (Really Simple Syndication). Copyright for the information is retained by the indicated provider.
Yahoo News - Latest News & Headlines
Provided courtesy of:
The latest news and headlines from Yahoo! News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.
- Do star athletes make too much money?
- Sat, 14 Dec 2019 12:32:27 -0500 -
With athletes in America's biggest sports leagues raking in salaries worth $300 million and more, is it time to reign in the big spending or do superstars deserve the big bucks they make?
- Live animal mascots: Cute or exploitative?
- Mon, 02 Dec 2019 11:17:07 -0500 -
Animal rights activists have repeatedly called for college sports teams to stop using real animals as their mascots. Are these complaints fair or an overreaction?
- Does U.S. women's soccer deserve equal pay?
- Wed, 10 Jul 2019 13:46:01 -0400 -
Has the U.S. women's soccer team done enough to warrant salaries that match their male counterparts? The 360 gives you all the angles on heavily-debated topics in the news.
- After fighting for 9/11 victims, Jon Stewart turns to Warrior Games
- Wed, 26 Jun 2019 08:55:00 -0400 -
The former “Daily Show” host is serving as the host and emcee of this week’s 2019 Department of Defense Warrior Games in Tampa, where about 300 wounded, ill or injured active-duty and veteran military athletes are competing in 14 adaptive sports.
- Kevin Love talks anxiety, depression and the time he thought he was going to die mid-game
- Wed, 01 May 2019 09:00:00 -0400 -
“Dear Men” explores how men are navigating the evolution of manhood. NBA All-Star Kevin Love’s mental health journey began in a moment of anxiety on the basketball court during a November 2017 game against the Atlanta Hawks.
- Is there a crisis with our boys? Expert says they need love, not discipline
- Wed, 10 Apr 2019 09:00:06 -0400 -
“Dear Men” explores how men are navigating the evolution of manhood. You can watch the current week's full episode of “Dear Men” every Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET on Roku. So why are young men struggling? So I don’t never hold back my tears when I'm feeling an emotional overload,” he said.
- Aly Raisman on Larry Nassar assault: Sometimes people forget I'm still coping with it
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 09:10:37 -0500 -
It has been a year since former USA Gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar was sentenced to 40 to 175 years in prison for abusing more than 150 girls. But Olympic gold medalist Aly Raisman is still coming to terms with the sexual abuse she experienced as a teenager.
- Aly Raisman on Larry Nassar assault: Sometimes people forget I’m still coping with it
- Mon, 18 Feb 2019 13:26:00 -0500 -
Olympic gold medalist Aly Raisman tells the Yahoo News show “Through Her Eyes” that she sometimes finds it difficult to hear the graphic details in the sexual assault stories of others, as she is still coping with her own traumatic experience.
- For the love of the brain: One mother's fight for CTE awareness
- Wed, 30 Jan 2019 09:00:21 -0500 -
Karen Kinzle Zegel spends her days working on the Patrick Risha CTE Awareness Foundation website, fielding questions and giving out information on a disease she barely knew existed five years ago – until it took the life of her son, for whom the foundation is named. Karen remembers, “We were a football family, his dad was a coach, I would cheer and yell and you know, do all the things the football mom does. At the time, she was unaware of CTE – chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a degenerative brain disease caused by repeated blows to the head – and the role it was playing in Patrick’s life.