Web Development Tools that Enlighten
Here is some PHP information that you may find useful.
- Dynamic Site Map with PHP
- Script: This is a script, written in PHP, that will generate a site map based on the directory structure of the site. You can easily exclude files and/or directories.
- Forcing a Download Dialog
- A fairly common question is, "How can I force a file to download to the user?" The answer is, you really cannot. What you can do is force a download dialog box that gives the user a choice to open or save a linked file, or to cancel the request.
- Form to E-mail Processing
- Tutorial: A tutorial on how you can use PHP to process form submissions and send the results to an e-mail address.
- Multiple Page Forms
- Tutorial: So you have this long, involved form. Rather than present the user with a myriad of inputs on a single page, you want to break this up into separate form pages. So now you're asking, "How do you make multiple page forms?"
- Processing XML/RSS with PHP
- In the beginning, the Internet was a simple mechanism for exchanging text data. Various markup tags were devised to represent various levels of text headings, paragraphs, lists, etc. At that time, those tags were sufficient to represent the data being exchanged. Now, more types of data are being represented and that data is being displayed on a variety of devices, not just visual web browsers.
- Send a Link to a Friend
- Script: Ready to run form that will allow you to put a link on your page to send a link to a friend.
- Setting up a virtual host in Apache
- Tutorial: Setting up a virtual host in the Apache web server is not exactly a PHP topic, but many PHP developers use the Apache web server to test web pages on their development machine.